Sunday, July 15, 2012

How do you say "MANICURE" in Chinese?

My host sister, one of my fellow exchange students, her host sister, two of their friends and I all went to two restaurants and a nail salon on Saturday. (Yes, THAT is how much of an effort I am making to get these people to like me. I spent Saturday at TWO restaurants and a NAIL SALON.) My fingernails are now perfectly rounded -- and green. I'd honestly never realized what stubby, misshapen, ugly fingernails I have until I spent hours with people who care very much about having sleek, long, perfectly painted nails. (The woman who painted mine was pretty horrified by my hangnails!) 

These pictures are mostly from the second shop (which sold super fancy, expensive chocolates).

Wearing Jianing's glasses

 By canal near salon
 American exchange student Amy
Host sister Jianing

No comments:

Post a Comment